[AMRadio] Using an old Collins amp for AM

Meir WF2U wf2u at ws19ops.com
Mon Jan 12 20:10:30 EST 2015

Raising the carrier from 70W to 150W means about gaining 1/2 of an S-point
on the receiving end. 1 S-point is 6 dB increase in power, which is
quadrupling it, as if you increased from 70 to 280 W carrier. Doubling the
power is 3 dB, which is a half S-point.
It's not worth the effort.

73, Meir WF2U
Landrum, SC