[AMRadio] Using an old Collins amp for AM

b.gaz at comcast.net b.gaz at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 21:24:47 EST 2015

I run my 32V3 at 700 volts and 200 ma for 100 watts out, and I have KT90 hifi tubes as modulators.
Been running that way for 30 years without a single crapout.

I solid stated all the rectifiers and the transformers run at room temps.

I also use it as an exciter so it spends a lot of time turned on.

Mine is not a collectors item, its missing a cabinet and a driver transformer, so I do not worry about its resale value.

And 100 watts is good power on 40 meters.

Brett
N2DTS