[AMRadio] Calling the Lonely Guys! (Get-together on 1/24/2015 in CT)

Steve WA1QIX wa1qix at piesky.com
Mon Jan 19 23:10:53 EST 2015

Calling the Lonely Guys!

The Lonely Guys Net meets on Saturday mornings at 8:00 on or about
3875 (give or take QRM, etc.).  The purpose of the Net is fellowship;
we seek to support each other in our RF loneliness.  There is a
weekly topic, and we generally get from between 20 to 30 check-ins
per week.  It is a very fun net and joining is simple.  Each member
is assigned a lifetime net number.

Anyway, The Lonely Guys Net is having a Luncheon and get-together on
Saturday January 24th at 12:00 for net members and their spouses at:

The Maple Tree Cafe
781 Hopmeadow St
Simsbury, CT 06070
Phone number (860) 651-1297

Note that we are encouraging net members to bring their spouses along as well !

We have a function room reserved for this event.  Several guest
speakers have been engaged, including someone reasonably high up in
the ARRL.   Off hand, I don't remember who it is, as I did not
personally make these arrangements.

We are also having custom and very good quality Lonely Guys hats made
up for net members.  The cost will be approximately $15.00.  Please
let me know if you want a hat and/or if you are coming (if you have
not already told me, Peter W1ZZZ or Jim WA1UQM, that is).

Questions?  Contact me (Steve WA1QIX), Peter W1ZZZ or Jim WA1UQM.

This is always a fun event with plenty of surprises!  If you're a
member of the Lonely Guys, please let us know if you are coming (if
we have not already done so on the air during the net) so we can get
an approximate head count.

Email me at <mailto:wa1qix at classeradio.com>wa1qix at classeradio.com.  I
am also good in QRZ.