[AMRadio] [BC] AM Transmitters Free If You Haul Them Away

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:39:59 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:57 PM, <k9cox at charter.net> wrote:
>> I am too late, was attempting to figure out how to run a 10KW transmitter at
>> 375 watts. Thanks anyway.

Of course, y'all know that the legal limit is 1,500w PEP output.

That said, you could reverse the phase on the modulators, run the
carrier up ~650w or so watts and still only get 1,500w PEP output.

Even still, that's only ~3db stronger than a 350/375 carrier...  and the
audio wouldn't sound 'as loud', but the average hammy-type operator
probably couldn't tell the difference...