[AMRadio] AM Transmitters Free If You Haul Them Away

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Jul 3 11:09:41 EDT 2015

I think the ITA was the better deal and well worth the trip, but the big one
probably had some nice parts for someone with the means for hauling it and a
place to store it.  You shouldn't ever have to worry about blowing the
modulation transformer!

I was in touch with the person who got the transmitter.  At first they
wanted big money for the ITA as well, but he talked the senior owner into
letting him have it as promised, after he had made the hour and a half trip
in a big truck to pick up the stuff, based on the offer posted by the
engineer and his initial conversation with the owners.  He said this
apparently was the straw that broke the camel's back with the engineer, who
handed in his resignation the same day. They should have offered to pay him
to haul the stuff away,  which is probably what they'll end up having to pay
someone to do.

And while we're on the subject, there is no mention of "375 watts" anywhere
in Part 97.  Besides, if the FCC can't do (or  more likely refuses to do)
anything about the blatant violators of Part 15 RFI rules, who trash the MF
and HF amateur and broadcast spectrum with harmful interference from power
line noise, plasma TV and digital hash, or 75m and 40m jammers  who
intentionally dump digital SSTV on top of AM QSOs, who's going to worry
about some AMer's occasional voice peak?

Don k4kyv