[AMRadio] Behringer Mixer

mark depaepe n5yey at live.com
Mon Jul 20 17:32:36 EDT 2015

I have a Behringer 802A and B1 condenser mic and MDX2600 processor that I have used on my Collins 75a2, Johnson Viking II, Ranger 1, Gonset G-76, and probably a few others. I came straight out of the mixer into the mic jack of the transmitters with no problems. I had a problem once, I was talking to Tracy W5TMG and he said Mark, I keep hearing echo while you are talking. The funny echo turned out to be the front of the mic was facing the window behind the transmitter, so the mic received my forward wave and the window's reflected wave.  It was early in the morning and the cat had knocked over the mic and I did not realize it was backwards to me! But other than that it all worked fine.
I used XLR input on the mixer from the mic, 1/4 inch cables for the inter connects, and a piece of shielded wire for audio to the transmitter.
Mark

Sent from my iPhone