[AMRadio] Hamfest AM demo

JAMES HANLON knjhanlon at msn.com
Tue Jul 28 20:17:47 EDT 2015

For anyone who might be able to work Albuquerque, NM at mid day on 40 - I will be on the air running AM from the Albuquerque Hamfest on Saturday, August 8, from about 1:15 pm MDST until about 1:45 pm, 1315 to 1345, on 7293 kHz.  I'll have a Knight T-150 and Hammarlund HQ-180 tied to an outdoor antenna and a Heathkit DX-60 and HR-10 tied to either an indoor antenna or a dummy load.  I will be giving a talk to anyone who comes about 50 Year Old AM/CW  Amateur Radio Stations, and I plan on spending at least a half-hour letting folks talk to each other via my two setups.  I'll be listening for any "outside" stations as well, and if a few of you folks could break in and show off your great AM signals to the hamfest crowd, it would be icing on the cake.  I'll be using my call, W8KGI, for the Knight/Hammarlund station on the outside antenna and the James Millen Club Station call, W1HRX, for the Heathkit station.

Hope to work you on 8/8 from the Hamfest!

Thanks and 73,

Jim Hanlon, W8KGI