[AMRadio] pirate radio equipment sources

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 19:21:47 EDT 2015

It's a pretty big problem in some metropolitan areas, for example
Boston, NYC and Miami.   You might wonder why they don't simply
podcast (or whatever it is on the internet).  Reason is that radio has
a fixed cost once you get set up and allows an infinite number of
"connections" if you will, for that cost within the coverage area.
Most pirates are only interested in a small area, often with an ethnic
format not represented by commercial broadcasters.   They can cause a
lot of interference.   It's a different world from a rural location.

73

Rob
K5UJ