[AMRadio] A proposal to help curtail pirate radio broadcasters could affect hams

Mike - WZ5Q wz5q at wz5q.net
Thu Jul 30 08:04:58 EDT 2015

     For the most part, the majority of Pirate Broadcasters on HF use
home-brew or small portable transmitters and not anything huge and heavy
which would basically confine it to a permanent location. They have to
be portable and able to move transmitting sites for obvious reasons.
     I agree the problem would be in the way that it was worded, also
whatever else they decide to tack onto it before it finishes it's trip
through legislation. Don is correct in the fear of station owners
stopping any type of sale or donations to the Hams, in this day and
state of affairs, you really couldn't blame them.
     There has to be an underlying angle for what they are really after
though... more Control I'm sure.

Mike
WZ5Q