[AMRadio] collins 828c

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 05:46:56 EDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Robert W Boyd <rwboyd at distributel.net> wrote:
> Perhaps in
> the future only the actual owners of the equipment should post or contact
> details should be provided, rather than attempting to be a go-between.

Sorry for your difficulties but that's a bad suggestion.  We're (AM
operators) interested in keeping as many of these rigs out of land
fills as possible.  Most of the time when one becomes available, the
news doesn't come out on a ham email list or web forum.  It's usually
discovered on broadcaster channels, such as emails and web sites.
Most of them either are not hams, or don't want to be bothered with
keeping up with ham internet resources for this one purpose.  When
it's your job you don't think about this stuff; you have things you
are getting paid to do and someone wants to get rid of the rig by a
deadline.  If people didn't forward this information to AM operators
most of the broadcast rigs would never get rescued.

73

Rob
K5UJ