Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Jun 3 14:47:08 EDT 2015

I agree.  To find such information and NOT post it far and wide would be a
disservice to the AM community.  Don't expect every tip, or even most of
them, to pay off.  If only one in ten actually results in someone acquiring
a rig, it's still worth it.  That's the way the game works.  If you don't
like the game, then don't play it.

Don k4kyv

------------------------------
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo at gmail.com>

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM, Robert W Boyd <rwboyd at distributel.net>
wrote:
> Perhaps in
> the future only the actual owners of the equipment should post or
> contact details should be provided, rather than attempting to be a
go-between.

Sorry for your difficulties but that's a bad suggestion.  We're (AM
operators) interested in keeping as many of these rigs out of land fills as
possible.  Most of the time when one becomes available, the news doesn't
come out on a ham email list or web forum.  It's usually discovered on
broadcaster channels, such as emails and web sites.
Most of them either are not hams, or don't want to be bothered with keeping
up with ham internet resources for this one purpose.  When it's your job you
don't think about this stuff; you have things you are getting paid to do and
someone wants to get rid of the rig by a deadline.  If people didn't forward
this information to AM operators most of the broadcast rigs would never get
rescued.

73

Rob
K5UJ