[AMRadio] 813 Final Problem

Paul Baldock paul at paulbaldock.com
Thu Mar 19 13:45:25 EDT 2015

I am building a 15 meter 2 x 813 class C final. HV is 2200V. With
16mA grid drive I can comfortably get 400W (and more) out.

Every thing works fine until I insert the Mod transformer secondary
in the HV lead to the PA. NOTHING is connected to the input (audio)
side of the transformer. When I apply rf drive to the PA my High
Voltage connectors arc over. It seems this must be caused by some
sort of inductive spike. Any suggestions?

- Paul  KW7Y

---