[AMRadio] 813 Final Problem

Jim Tonne Tonne at Comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 14:19:10 EDT 2015

Eddy:

Either way will work.   What is happening is that when that RF amplifier
is suddenly turned on, the large   dV/dT   generates a huge voltage
across the
secondary.   The primary is closely coupled to that secondary and so
the huge transient appearing across the secondary will also appear
across the primary.

As I said is probably easier but shorting either winding should work.
Perhaps flip a coin   :-)    Heads its primary, tails secondary.

- JimT W4ENE