[AMRadio] KOMA radio

David Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 26 23:28:07 EDT 2015

Hi Jim......
I'm sure sorry to hear that!
In 60' I was a Sr. in high school in Tulsa and suddenly my family had to
move to the Los Angeles area.
I had to meet new friends and get a new girlfriend...quick!
In the summer of 60' my new girlfriend and I used to park at the east end of
the Los Angeles airport and watch the planes land.
I always tuned in KOMA on the car radio as a way to keep that Okie
connection going.

Three or four years ago I was on the way to the OK City hamfest and saw
those towers for the first time and I was surprised to see that they were a
lot shorter than I had imagined.
Long ago....far away.

73

David Harmon