[AMRadio] sources for alignment tools

Bill Guyger via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Tue Mar 31 13:05:52 EDT 2015

I totally agree with the statements about the quality of alignment tools! I've got quite a collection from all the Marti RUP and STL gear and Motorola 2 way stuff I've tweaked they're all the finest Chinese Sweat Shop quality available. The hex tools round off on the corners and the slot types break on the ends, manufacturers are just not interested in making them out of Delrin or some such, they can sell more that way.
For the cans in Marti RPU transmitters that have a slug with a TINY slot, I've taken to using a Bourns (or equivalent) trim pot tweaker and filing the flat metal blade end down to fit in the slug slots. That reduces the effect of metal in the magnetic field as much as possible and cuts the breaking of the tweaker down to zero. The gotcha is that there is still metal in the magnetic field, but a couple of extra SWAG tweaks gets things onto frequency.
Bill AD5OL