[AMRadio] Semi OT: The DARK Side

Kimberly Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 31 15:46:41 EDT 2015

I have to hand it to you, Bob: I'm impressed. My Dad, W5JHJ (SK 2007), had a shop for many years and started getting into SMD but his vision was failing and his eye-hand-coordination was getting worse, so he couldn't get very far into it. Somehow, I missed getting any of his SMD equipment from his estate (a sibling who had unrestrained access to their house for a while and may have disposed of it) but I would have liked to see what he had. He was only just getting into it...
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your rework equipment and what sort of ballpark costs have you incurred? If some of it was used, what was your source?
73,
Kim N5OP