[AMRadio] NEARfest (was Re: Radio Operators)

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Sun May 3 15:04:41 EDT 2015

Isn't it the only major hamfest in New England with maybe Boxboro coming
in second.
As far as the "entire Northeast" you obviously have never been to the
Sussex Hamfest in Northwestern NJ and there are several others here in
the "Northeast" that could be considered "great".
You need to cross the Hudson Larry once in a while.

Actually I went to a hamfest today, in PA, just over the Delaware River
from NJ. Great time, great weather and saw lots of stuff everywhere.
Vendor next to me was selling loads of 6L6GC's and EL-34's for $3.00 each
with quantity discounts. All used but tested good to very good. He had a
constant stream of buyers. Saw several AM'ers and even a few sideband
guys. I talk to them too.

Pete, wa2cwa