[AMRadio] NEARfest (was Re: Radio Operators)

Don Cunningham DonC at martineer.net
Sun May 3 18:03:10 EDT 2015

Jim,
I discovered another that is "reasonably" close two years ago that I
thought I'd mention too to go along with those you mentioned.  The wife
and I attended the Joplin, Mo. Hamfest and found it a GREAT hamfest as
well.  Unfortunately we couldn't go last year, but already are planning
to go this year in August.  It draws amateurs from a fairly large area
and seems to have a great selection of gear, but at the same time keeps
the "small fest" feel.  I hope it is as good as it was in 2013, and I
hope I get to see as many friends again as I did that year, maybe even
more, that I talk to regularly.

I noticed that Hamcomm (Dallas fest you mentioned??) is trying to return
to a better venue from what I and others think Plano was. Maybe that
will revive it somewhat and make it worth attending once again.  From
here, Belton is further than Joplin!!
73,
Don, WB5HAK