[AMRadio] Something to ponder while the filaments are warming up. was: Good News

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed May 27 17:12:44 EDT 2015

Frankly I am happy about this decision.  To renew a non-vanity license has
not cost a thing, but if you  received a vanity call there  was a fee every
time you renewed.  In the beginning they discussed establishing a fee for
the initial application then following that, there would be no fee.  That
didn't go over so well because the fee proposal ranged from around $50 to
100 and us cheap hams didn't want to pay that exorbitant amount.  So, since
the inception of the vanity program we have paid a fee to apply and a fee
every time we renewed.

All the real work is in the initial application and grant.  Now those of us
who have vanity calls will not be charged to simply renew, and remember
guys, they no longer send paper licenses automatically, you have to request
one.  I think all that can be done when you renew online, or if you make a
modification on  line one may be generated.
Jim
W5JO