[AMRadio] Vertical antennas

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Fri Nov 6 11:10:48 EST 2015

I haven't seen any post about an end fed zep vertical.   I recall that Don,
K4KYV, used an end fed wire while he was in Houston and it worked quite
well.  I see no reason the same thing couldn't be done verticaly. as a
matter of fact I have used a vertical 40 meter J-POLE (but just made of wire
and supported by ballons) at a field day a long time ago.  It was wonderful.
I may be mistaken here but I think many AM broadcast station use insulated
half wave verticals and with a tuner at the base to provide voltage feed
instead of current feed.   Of course an 80 mtr version may not be feesable
but a 40 mtr version whoould work for a lot of folks.

John, WA5BXO