[AMRadio] Vertical antennas

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 11:24:44 EST 2015

On the subject of Verticals,  I have just completed a new "tin" roof on my
house.  About 3000 sq feet of ground plane......  I am wanting to operate
0n 20 and 40 meters.  I have two towers, one on either end of the ridge
pole and about 20 feet higher.  Any ideas for an antenna that would take
optimal advantage of the new roof?

Should I run ground cables from the roof to the actual ground?  Or would
this draw lightning to my roof?  Or would it bleed off the charge and
prevent lightning to my roof?  My house is on the TOP of the highest point
on the GultCoast of the US (43' above sea level on a "salt washed bluff")

Any suggestions for an antenna that would make use of the local environment
would be greatly appreciated.