[AMRadio] 40 and 80 meters are very long tonight

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:00:47 EST 2015

This is something we've been noticing for a couple weeks or more,
those of us who operate 160 m.  I don't know the reason why, but
usually this time of year 160 stinks for QSOs until at least 9 p.m.
local time when it is barely okay.  Prior to that time it is only good
for close in QSOs, maybe 100 miles.  But lately, 160 has been allowing
solid QSOs 300 or 400 miles out starting around 7 p.m. local time, as
if it is mid-January.  The level of activity there is up from the past
few years and it has been great.   I was starting to become
discouraged thinking many AM operators had abandoned 160 but not
anymore.

73

Rob
K5UJ