[AMRadio] Radio Shack

w5jo at brightok.net w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Nov 18 17:07:33 EST 2015

I don't have a subscription to the WSJ so could not look at the remainder of
the story not did I do a search for the name .  The part of the WSJ article
I could see gave the name of the conglomerate that purchased the business
but not the brand name that will appear on the parts.

Locally the store carries the tips for the low and high powered Weller
soldering guns, which I use a lot outside and the Their prices beat places
like Digi-Key or Mouser.  Since the owners are personal friends I am glad
they will remain in business.  I just hate the fact that the company had to
go away under the Radio Shack name.  That name had been a part of
electronics  in this country for a very long time.

Jim
W5JO