[AMRadio] Radio Shack

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 20:31:31 EST 2015

It's true that Radio Shack has been an aid to many broadcast techs
working in the field in rural and small markets.  They have these
parts drawers full of things that may not be up there with Amphenol or
EFJ quality but work in a pinch.

I remember a few years ago I needed a micro sized toggle switch to
perform a mod to my Sherwood SE3.   I tried all the stores around
there that might have such a thing and finally went to R.S. as a last
resort and they had the switch.   I was pleasantly surprised and could
finish the modification that evening when I had the free time.  I made
a note to try them sooner rather than later in the future.

Sadly, the R.S. stores most convenient to me here are gone but there
are two still open that are a bit farther away.  I didn't know about
the Mexico connection.   That was news to me.

73

Rob
K5UJ