[AMRadio] Auto transformer to reduce line volts

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 29 14:31:42 EST 2015

I know some folks use and auto xfmr to lower their line to the older gear.  Do you split the difference between what
the transformer gives when in receive and what it loads down to while transmitting?  My only auto transformer I use on the
bench, but in my catch all loft, I found an 1800 watt Luxtrol incandescent lamp controller that will also do up to  50 40 watt florescent lamps too.
At first I thought it was a big rheostat, but is actually an auto transformer.  It does say 1800 watts of  regular bulbs, but since it
also handles florescents, how do you think it would work feeding ham gear, if at all?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC