[AMRadio] Any useful reference book

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 17:26:52 EDT 2015

On 10/3/2015 4:48 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> The ones before 1960 are getting hard to find because they're the ones
> with the good stuff in them on tubes and tube circuits and AM/CW.
>
> 73
>
> Rob
> K5UJ

I am finding that this is very true in any hardback reference book that
this community of Amateur Radio Operators would have serious interest in.

It is very much like my 1943 Edition of Terman's.  It really covers a
whole lot on Radio and Electronics.

I even keep some older Physics books on the shelf, along side of Mark's
Mechanical Engineering, and the one that most of us has used for
reference, (Us old folk!), The CRC Reference Manual. Nicknamed the
"Rubber Book" since CRC stands for the long gone, I think, Chemical
Rubber Company, or is it Corporation.  Don't remember any more.

It is much easier to go and pull it off the shelf when I need it.

I really prefer to keep a real book on hand.  I don't have to take a
tablet or laptop to where I am going to read, and have to plug that in
so I won't have the battery run down.

I like to read actual printed text on paper.  No annoying use of
software to open a document, and making sure I have the correct one
installed!

I made a pretty decent living being a Computer Science Major.  It
doesn't mean I desire to take on to the little room down the hall, or
out on the deck.

Try and save your page with an old fashioned bookmark when it comes to
some types of documents!

Regards, Bob - N0DGN