[AMRadio] When talking about AM power

b.gaz at comcast.net b.gaz at comcast.net
Thu Oct 8 23:02:06 EDT 2015

?
Well, I am kind of new at this.
I have various rigs, and some do much more peak power then others.
If I can get 4 times the carrier power, things are working well.
I have had rigs that would not do more then 3 times carrier power if that.
Before making some changes, my 32V3 would only do 2 times carrier.

So, for me, carrier power tells me almost nothing, while both tells me a lot.

Not enough people pay attention to PEP, if they did maybe there would be fewer 40% modulated signals on the band.
Maybe they would find out the transmitter is not working right if they had very little peak power.