[AMRadio] When talking about AM power

b.gaz at comcast.net b.gaz at comcast.net
Fri Oct 9 21:01:14 EDT 2015

I have and use a scope off the receiver IF, a mod monitor with positive and negative readings, a pep watt meter, and an sdr spectrum display.

As a quick reference, I look at the negative modulation percentage on the mod monitor and the PEP reading on the watt meter.
I look at others modulation on the scope more then my own since the mod monitor is much easier to read.

I think most radio stations used mod monitors, not scopes...
I do not have any sort of hang up about carrier or PEP power, I find both interesting and useful.
Maybe some have a problem with PEP because of the power rules, or its association with ssb.
I have no problem with ssb myself, but never found anything interesting to listen to on that mode.