[AMRadio] When talking about AM power

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 09:09:24 EDT 2015

On 10/10/2015 05:14 AM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> About the only thing that would be nice about SDR is the fish finder.

I'm only talking about a receiver ... perhaps to use as a monitor for
the AM rig.  No, I'm not giving up my tubes for transmitting, unless
it's one of the 'plastic' radios.  They're desireable now, because there
is a 2 year old, a 10 year old and an 11 year old in the house, and
nightmares of little fingers pointing to (and more-than-likely not)
touching the 3kVDC line have had me waking up in cold-sweat nightmares
already, more than twice.

As of this particular moment, my p-p 250TH x p-p 250TH rig is in storage.
I've got a TS-2000 and a Swan Mark II 3-500Z amp that does fairly decent
on AM at around 150w of carrier and near 100% modulation.