[AMRadio] OT SDR

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 09:19:06 EDT 2015

The SDR does not have to cost anywhere remotely close to $3500!

A RaspberryPi runs around $65, the Dongle runs from $8 to $14.

The SRD# software is just plain free.

The other part is sold through Hayseed Hamfest, it is the RANverter.  It
costs $45.90

The whopping total of $125.

The RANverter is a kit, and there are NO surface Mount Components
whatsoever!

RaspberryPI is its own computer, uses the ARM7 processor, the very same
one in Android phones, it is a quad core, it is just a hair bigger than
a pack of cigarettes.  It has a CATV jack, 4 USB ports, HDMI for
monitors, or you can convert it to analog in lieu of digital video
output.  The cores run at 900MHz.

Those folks that go out and spend $3500 are insane!

Get into contact with W9RAN, Robert Nickels. <ranickels at gmail.com>

He can go through the entire setup with you.  He has been working with
the man that writes the software.  So Robert is well up on the entire setup.

I've been playing around with it for around 6 or so months.

Regards, Bob - N0DGN