[AMRadio] SDR AM

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 18:21:12 EDT 2015

I stand corrected.  FlexRadio backed off from that and I didn't know about it.

Instead, you have to pay for any major software upgrade, similar to
what Microsoft does with Windows but you can keep using your current
version of software as long as you want (however I imagine in 15 years
they won't want to keep supporting it but who knows--by then your
computer will probably have to have a new OS etc. anyway and it won't
be backward compatible with old applications).

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/when_does_the_payment_for_upgrades_for_software_start_again

However, it is still a PC/Software based rig and as such, is subject
to hard drive crapouts, viruses, malware, etc. if on a network, a
continual stream of bug fixes for this and that, and so on.  I have
enough complexity in my life as it is and am not looking for more.

73

Rob
K5UJ