[AMRadio] SDR

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:01:23 EDT 2015

Not sure about the concern for longevity of the SDR boxes. I still have my
first PC that ran 16K of ram and stored programs on cassette tape, I have
worked with 4 bit processors (4040)  that ran at about a few MC. Still have
5 1/4 floppies and 3 1/4 floppies. someplace is a 20 meg ( gasp) hard drive.
My 75A4 bought new when I was a pup and thought money was to buy toys with,
is used nearly every day and hears as well as anything out there and better
than most. even my 75A2 is a remarkable rx.  So yes, the SDR boxes will be
around in 50 years.  I have one here and it rests on the floor beside me,
holding a stack of magazines in place.  probably should go up and sit beside
the Rat Shack model 3.  Bernie W8RPW