[AMRadio] In Defence of Old Buzzard Transmissions

Floyd Hollister fhh11 at columbia.edu
Mon Oct 12 23:53:39 EDT 2015

Don,

Thanks for the info on the coax relays

I am about to build a sequencer for my Gates BC500G which I hope to get on
the air this winter.  What model Gates are you using?
I am looking for a replacement bias transformer for my BC500G.  Mine burned
out and is internally shorted. It is Gates P/N 472-0453-000.  I have worked
out a scheme to make the rig function using two back to back control
transformers, but I would like to keep it as it was manufactured, hence my
need for the transformer.  Do you have any idea where to look for one?  I've
tried eHam.net and eBay with no suc.

When you switch from R to T do you activate the Oscillator, RF and AF
drivers at the same time as you apply the HV to the 833 Modulators and RF
finals or just a few milliseconds earlier?

I am really enjoying bringing this rig back to life.

Floyd, K2DUV