[AMRadio] Cart and horse, chicken and egg, etc.

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 14:40:34 EDT 2015

I have a love hate relationship with the ARRL, even though I've been a member for 46 years.  Have the construction articles basically dried up except for J pole antennas and computer interfaces on the low end to extremely high end projects that probably nobody will duplicate, because building ham gear of actual use will conflict with the commercial stuff?  Or do people just have zero interest in building a piece of gear they can receive or transmit with that doesn't have all the feature of the latest $10K buck rigs?  These questions come up because a buddy gave me a bunch of CQ's and QST's from the 50's and for the most part, every issue has something interesting to build.  Also, you would think with all the hoopla over recycling and save the planet stuff, QST and bunch of other mags that used to be in the 6 1/2 X 9 1/2 size would be a envirowhackos cause of the day to bring back.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC