[AMRadio] Laws of Physics Repealed

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Oct 23 19:17:56 EDT 2015

I have never used any vertical antennas except for a 2mtr mobile. That
one went from a 5/8s Larson to a ball mounted co-linear one.

It was the only way to get to the home QTH area from where I worked at
the time.

I wouldn't have the ability to put up a "real" 160mtr nor 75mtr
vertical, and all the necessary ground radials to make an effective antenna.

We've seen all the nonsense that is sold to whomever wants to buy it.

I haven't seen anyone with a twisted arm going into an emporium nor
ordering the same garbage online.

The simple line from the Forest Gump Movie, "Stupid is as stupid does.",
applies more and more during this time in society.

One could use a tower with an insulated base to attempt to make a usable
vertical.  The same ground radial system is still necessary.

Just a plain shame that getting a license doesn't require knowing
antennas and having to build your own!  That process teaches more than
simply laying your money down and walking out the door with something
you don't understand squat about.

Regards, Bob - N0DGN