[AMRadio] WARNING: Overload protection is not 100% reliable even when relays are functioning properly

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 05:21:16 EDT 2015

This is great advice.  Another thing to consider is whether or not
your final tubes require some amount of forced air cooling.  Let's say
your input power to the final is 350 watts and you have a 4-400A in
the final.  It has some small amount of forced air but not much so the
rig doesn't make a lot of noise.  You might think you are okay in
Don's scenario because the tube can dissipate 400 watts.  But if the
tube doesn't have the cooling it needs to dissipate its rated maximum
you may still have seal failures.

Rob
K5UJ