[AMRadio] Vertical antennas

Jim Liles hallicrafterssr2000 at k9axn.com
Fri Oct 30 23:52:41 EDT 2015

Hi Rob,

Back in the early 60’s when I was educated we used Physics and Terman’s 1955 edition.  Never read Griffith.

I’ve heard a number of theories regarding vertical antennas and like to hear the conceptual explanations for the ideas.

The first question was:  A ground mounted vertical uses buried radials. Is the primary function to provide some sort of reflecting effect or a low resistance counterpoise to the driven element?

Have other questions that build on the first that cannot be asked until the first is answered.

Thanks for the response Rob --- Kindest regards Jim K9AXN