[AMRadio] Vertical antennas

Jim Liles hallicrafterssr2000 at k9axn.com
Sat Oct 31 12:57:27 EDT 2015

Good morning Robert et al,

I used a 20 metre monobander at 110 ft for years.  Now have a trap dipole at
15 ft and have no trouble connecting with any continent when condx are good.
Have fishing line attached at traps so I can drag that thing around the axis
and act like it's directional.  Sounds arcane but enjoy playing in the
sandbox.

Successfully used a pair of mobile trap verticals attached to a hub to
create a dipole that could be positioned in any direction or angle.  Didn't
need a ground or counterpoise.  Could drag that thing around the attic,
attach it to a tree or a light pole.

Remember fondly the 50's, when for the first and only time I ever saw the
Aurora, the 6AG7/6L6 monster transmitter was able to reach anywhere on the
planet and the magnificent S20R was still in it's prime.

Kindest regards Jim K9AXN