[AMRadio] Modulation transformer

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 06:47:28 EDT 2015

I think you can probably glue the bakelite back together with the 2
ton clear epoxy.   that epoxy seems to have great insulation
properties.  I have used it to glue porcelain.

Unless I am mistaken that transformer has a tertiary winding but I
don't know the turns or impedance ratio.  the rig it was intended for
must have had a screen grid.  I am told those transformers were pretty
easy to find at hamfests in the past.  Like a lot of good things such
as real FT243 crystals they are hard to find now.

I bet using that 60 Hy reactor improves the frequency response of that
transformer and its power handling.  I think it was gapped for B+
through the secondary.

73

Rob
K5UJ