[AMRadio] No vernier?

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Fri Sep 11 23:24:23 EDT 2015

Did Heath really build the AR3 without a vernier drive?  Or is the one on the junker I picked up stuck?  The capacitor shaft looks like it may be one of those mystery verniers I've seen where the smaller diameter shaft goes into the larger one and magically gives a reduction.  I held the larger shaft shaft with pliers and tried the smaller and it did move, but not convinced it is supposed to.  Anybody know?

Also, does anybody make plain communication grade metal frame, paper cone speakers in the 4, 5, and 6 inch range anymore?

Charlie, W4MEC in NC