[AMRadio] Spaceless CW

CL in NC via AMRadio amradio at mailman.qth.net
Mon Sep 14 23:35:45 EDT 2015

Bernie, your comment: "Heard another calling cq. made out the cq and the de only because  of the rhythm.  there was no spacing between letters or letter groups. just continuous dots and dashes!"

Maybe this guys dad perhaps, answered my CQ back in the early 70's.  I told him I was unable to copy his CW and his next transmission he discovered spacing and only sent 'LID'.  The only reason I remember that is, like you said, his code was nothing more than spaceless dits and dahs, and his comment on my receiving ability.

I know it is a new world in this hobby, but somebody attempting to break in in using 'Contact' bugs the heck out of me, and I don't mean Vibroplex.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC