[AMRadio] LED Magnifying Lamp by Duratool

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Sep 22 15:57:15 EDT 2015

On 9/22/2015 2:06 PM, Robert Nickels wrote:
> On 9/22/2015 12:57 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
>> And what would it have cost the manufacturer to put in a cap at the
>> plant?
> Not much, Rob but many devices get to market without any attempt to
> mitigate RFI.    I found this out after replacing the power supply in
> a PC only to discover all the bands were "dead" - because the noise
> floor had been raised to the point where only the strongest signals
> could be heard.   There was an IEC connector for the cord, but no
> filter components.
>
> MPJA is a good source of AC line filters at low prices, like this:
>
> http://www.mpja.com/Noise-Filter-AC-Line-10A-250VAC-IEC-Input/productinfo/31918%20FL
>

> Clicking on item pictures enlarges to where the schematic and
> component values can be read,  as well as the mfgr's name and p/n so
> the datasheet can be obtained for more details.    These are great for
> homebrew projects or can be put in a box to add an inline filter.
>
> 73, Bob W9RAN
I would simply point out that the specific cap came from one of the
infamous AA1IP Brad Thompson's cap Blivets.  He has picked up where our
old friend Lloyd left of when he passed.

I've got so many caps here that it is hard to NOT find one I need.

The only place where this myriad collection runs shy is electrolytic
ones in the 450VDC range.

I have more than enough for 10V, 25V, and in ranges up to 60V.  I
haven't had much call for 1400VDC though.

Regards, Bob - N0DGN