[AMRadio] Dayton

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Aug 10 16:26:38 EDT 2016

> "What made it great in my opinion was not that you'd find a Ranger or
> Matchbox or Weller soldering iron, but that you'd find weird or unusual
> items."
>
> Charlie, W4MEC in NC

That's what I go for.  No interest in DX-100s, NC300s, Viking Valiants,
GK-500s, "ham radio quality" modulation transformers or "vintage SSB" junk.
Just oddball unobtanium items I have been on lookout for years, that
occasionally shows up, like EF Johnson coil clips, Bud metal name  plates,
plug-in coil hardware and other little esoteric stiff.  This last time, I
did pick up a 75A4.  It was very clean and only $300, but didn't work and
the guy said he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  I got it
running but it still needs work.  If I can get it up to par I might use it
for my main receiver. I might take home a quality piece of pre-WWII gear in
reasonable condx, or a bargain priced broadcast modulation transformer or
reactor, but most of the "goodies" I see now I already have, and need the
room more than I need additional copies.

Don k4kyv