[AMRadio] AM-864/U

Bill Guyger bguyger at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 12:27:26 EDT 2016

Yeah, those multiple wraps around a terminal can be a pain. I'm sort of in the middle on this, on those terminal strips with the terminals spaced apart on a Bakelite strip I do crimp the wire around the lug once because the hole is so large, ditto for toggle switch lugs especially the larger 15-20 Amp ones.
But if you stop to think, on thru the hole Printed Circuit Boards (vs. surface mount) you just insert the lead and solder without a "firm mechanical connection" same for XLR connectors and the center contacts of many coax connectors (even some where the shield is crimped), etc.
Bill AD5OL