[AMRadio] Viking Valiant frequency knob play

Steve Wender tobiebw2 at newmexico.com
Tue Aug 16 00:08:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Any thoughts on fixing the play in my valiant VFO control.  It seems to
be mechanical.  I can move the dial a little and there is no motion in
the tuning cap.  I can't really see without dismantling the VFO shield
what is going on.  It seems like the linkage is loose but the set screws
are tight on the shaft.  Is there a coupling spider in there that is
loose?  Or am I asking too much for a 60  year old rig and maybe I
should put it back together and just enjoy using it.

Thanks,

Steve KC5WN