[AMRadio] Buck/Boost transformer

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:06:00 EDT 2016

I've used the filament windings in series to buck line down to 112 or
so from 123 v. by using the 6 and 5 v. secondary windings with the
primary, on one of the standard small power supply transformers that
has a 115 v. primary and a 700 VCT secondary plus the filament
secondaries.  I think the way it works is that in buck mode the pair
of filament windings at 11 v. in reverse "polarity" partially cancels
the magnetic field but I can't remember how I wired it all up now.  I
think you connect the neutral return to one end of the primary winding
and connect one end of what is now the 11 v. coil to the other end of
the primary that is free, then connect the hot line in to the unused
end of the 11 v. winding.  I know, it's all as clear as "Get the
vector Victor."   I'd have to mess around with it using a v. meter to
figure it out again.

Rob
K5UJ