[AMRadio] DX on demand

Donald Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Aug 24 14:47:37 EDT 2016

> Mark Foltarz via AMRadio

>   This is a novel idea for when 10 meters is dead....
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3753417/The-Air-Force-
> reveals-radical-plan-bomb-sky-improve-radio-reception.html

We should be leery of this idea.  There could be unintended consequences.  What if it screws up propagation as we know it?  Maybe increasing absorption enough to make the lower bands unusable even at night? (Of course, the present-day AM broadcast industry would love to get rid of night-time skywave, so they might lobby for even more seeding.) Or if it ends up having serious environmental effects, perhaps on global temperatures?

Don k4kyv