[AMRadio] Active

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 15:34:18 EST 2016

My sense is that a lot of AM operators are accustomed to working the
same guys who aren't too far away and when the band goes long and the
only signals are "DX" they shut down and do something else.

But also, a lot of folks are like me and are not night owls.  I wake
up every day between 4 and 5 a.m. and I'm up.  by 9 p.m. I'm ready for
bed if not sooner.  The ham population is aging and there aren't the
numbers who can burn the candle at both ends like in the old days.
I've stayed up late into the wee hours but paid for it by feeling jet
lagged and out of it all the next day.  I need regular hours.

Rob
K5UJ