[AMRadio] Winter Solstice AM Broadcast Propagation recollections

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Tue Dec 20 21:55:05 EST 2016

Grand Spaulding Dodge........."  Mr. Norm" and the 65 Hemi.  US 30 Dragstrip
commercials   I loved those commercials.   The "Chi-Town Hustler"

WLS "COLOR" weather radar ..( and why was that cool on black and white AM ? )
( yes, the TV connection )
The submarine races.    I was a card-carrying Weber Commando.
Remember why Dick Biondi was there one night and gone by the next ?

We called Mr Norm one day looking for a BIG Hemi cam for our Dodge Coronet.
We had bought a pair of fabricated headers from Petty ... driving to
NC to get them.   Mr Norm thought we were asking for a 440 wedge cam,
but we had a 426 in a Coronet 440 body.   Mr Norm: " You got a 426 AND
a 440 too? "
My buddy :  "No, a 442 is an Oldsmobile....we need a 426 cam"
Mr Norm : " OK, do you have a 442 or a 440 or a 426 ?"
( sigh )  We finally got a cam from a guy  in Nashville who was
running an Hemi A/FX.

Don W4DNR