[AMRadio] Winter Solstice AM Broadcast Propagation recollections

Oliver Steiner steinerviolinist at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 01:04:47 EST 2016

To my fellow radio nostalgia enthusiasts - I fondly remember the
phonetic code in use at the time I got my license (1957):

Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King,
Love, Mike, Nan, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tare, Uncle,
Victor, William,  Xray, Yoke,  Zebra.

......and the popular cliches of that time: "The XYL is ringing the
dinner gong."  "Time to pull the big switch."  "You're armchair copy
here!"

73,
Ollie
W2QXR